Monday, March 5, 2018

Starkong LIVES.....and plays Billiards on the C64!

Like a mighty phoenix rising from the ashes of the damned, Rygar Starkong rises to once again take another stab at doing a video game blog.  Only THIS time, it's more of a YouTube thing.  This blog will be more supplemental than anything, I think.  At least at this point....but who knows what the future holds.

Some of you may have been familiar with my horror film review site, Midnight Cinephile.  I tried to juggle both that and the Retro Game Fortress, but I just didn't have the time for both.  MC has been shut down for a little while now and I've been reconnecting with gaming, which I missed a lot.

I've been having a lot of fun watching Let's Play videos of retro games and I'd like to try my hand at it.  If all goes well, I may try doing video reviews as well.  I'd like to try my hand at more modern games as well, but we'll see what happens!

For now, enjoy the first in my Commodore 64 Arcade Series (A large collection of games that are lumped together under an ARCADE moniker).

First game:  BILLIARDS, which is not very arcadey, I admit.

Feel free to laugh as you watch my fumble my way through my first official video and first playthrough of Billiards.  Perhaps I should have figured out the controls first, but where's the fun in that.  It's not until there are only a couple balls left on the table that I've been using the aiming mechanism completely wrong.  What a difference it made with the last two balls!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment