Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Final Fantasy - The Journey Begins!

Final Fantasy - The Journey Begins!

So, we've met our intrepid heroes and now it's time to just dive right into adventure!  It's been MANY years since I've played Final Fantasy, so if you're reading this and it it seems as though I'm fumbling my way through the game....it's because I am.  I forgot how absolutely BRUTAL this game is!


Arriving on Coneria, things are looking on the up and up.  Nice castle, beautiful hedgework around the sides....looks like a nice place to hang.  


Not surprisingly, the Princess has been kidnapped by some goon named Garland and she's in need of some rescuing!  Never fear!  The Warriors of Light are on the job!


 WHOOOO boy!  Okay, so I completely forgot how much grinding you had to do to get anywhere in this game! It gets extremely tedious when they only send one imp your way.  Do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to level up?  We're gonna be at this for a while....


Really?  I'm still on the first damn area!  Either I'm doing something way wrong, or this game is cheating.  There's only two of these bastards and no matter what I do, I can't seem to hit them....swords, magic....it don't matter.  They just continue to wail away on me.  This is not looking good.  Everyone but Klov is dead, and he's just barely clinging to life.


Here goes nothing.....I'm going to try and cure myself and maybe with a little luck I'll be able to fend off these Creeps!


Well, that didn't work out as planned.  At least I took one of them out in my last ditch effort.!!!

Glad I saved before I got wiped out.  With everyone revived, I set out to grind and level up in the area immediately around the castle.  Finally, getting myself to level five, I was able to storm Garland's stronghold to the Northwest.  After a tense battle, I was able to defeat him and save the princess.  Unfortunately, I got so wrapped up in the whole thing that I forgot to get screenshots of it....so you'll just have to take me word for it.

After returning the princess to her castle, the king builds a bridge to the north and the princess gives me a lute as a gift (just what I've always wanted!).  I make my way east to the town of Pravoka, which apparently has been overrun by pirates, lead by some dude named Bikke.  After whupping his (and his merry band of pirates) ass, they give us their ship and promise not to cause any more problems.  Again, I was so caught up in the moment, that I completely forgot to grab any screen shots.  Seriously though.....they were pirates...you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.


After loading up on supplies and learning a couple more magic tricks, I set off on the high seas.  About two seconds after leaving port, I ran into this motley bunch of fellows.  I defeated them, but I nearly lost everyone in the process.  Apparently, it's time to do some more leveling.  So back to the woods of Pravoka I go to grind away......


So this is about four hours into our quest.  Grinding is the order of the day and what is taking up the majority of the time.  I promise that the rest of the legs of the quest will have many more screenshots.  Join us next time where you will hear Degh say:

"Dark Elves?  Lord Jesus, ain't nobody got time for that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment